Plan It, Do It, Share It!
This year, following on from the success of our Telehealthcare Awareness days in 2015 and 2016, we have decided to extend the programme to a week and rebrand as Telehealthcare Awareness Week. This will run from the 26th to 30th June 2017.
You don’t have to be a UKTelehealthcare member to participate, just be involved in the TECS industry and have the commitment to raise awareness and we will do all we can to help and support you.
Your UKTelehealthcare team will be at the Health+Care Show on Wednesday 28th – Thursday 29th June where we will have a live Twitter feed on our stand, as well as live and recorded Skype calls from Telehealthcare Awareness Week activities across the country.
See below for some suggestions for activities, but we are sure that you will have lots of ideas of your own. Send us details about the event you are planning and photos of the event to put on our website.
- Hold a local event or meeting during the week to highlight the good work you are doing, e.g. coffee morning, tea and cakes or other social activities for service users and their carers.
- Have a stand at a shopping centre, library, town hall or other public venue to show the TECS services and products you offer locally.
- Issue a press release on Telehealthcare Awareness Week. Provide some examples of how assistive technology makes a difference to your community, including real examples and photos if possible. Download a Press release template here.
- Speak to your local radio and TV channel to see if they will cover your event or interview you about Telehealthcare Awareness Week.
- Ask a senior manager, lead councillor, chief executive or MP to highlight the day in their communications such as blogs, Twitter, other social media, staff intranet messages and in-house and residents newsletters.
- Hold a training or awareness session for local professionals during the week to bring them up to speed with the latest TECS products and services you provide. This would be an opportunity for both suppliers and providers.
- If you are a supplier consider a special offer or highlight a particular innovative product to coincide with Telehealthcare Awareness Week as there will be extra attention on technology at this time.
- Tweet about your services and activities using: #tecsaware and @ukthcnews.
- Send us a Skype recording any time during the week or call us live at the Health+Care Show on the 28th and 29th of June 2017 on tecsaware 2017.
This is the ONLY national TECS event for 2017 so don’t miss out on the opportunity to raise awareness of Technology Enabled Care Services!