Chiptech Careers for 2024
Lancashire-based company, Chiptech, which is at the forefront of the digital transformation for the assistive technology sector, is thrilled to announce the addition of several exciting roles to their growing team.
The number of new positions reflects their commitment to excellence and continued rapid growth in the industry. Roles include Product and Project Co-ordinator, Technical Support Administrator, Sales Consultant, Configuration Engineer and Finance Administrator.
Located in the historic city of Lancaster, the double Lancashire Red Rose Award winners for Scale-up and Small Business in 2023 prides itself on not just building market-leading technology, but crafting opportunities for growth, innovation, and success. As a dynamic force in the ever-evolving landscape of technology, this UKTelehealthcare Support Member is more than a company, it’s a community of passionate individuals committed to pushing boundaries and driving change.
Chiptech’s core values are at the heart of everything they do, fostering creativity and innovation. They believe in the power of diverse perspectives and collaborative minds working together to solve complex challenges.
Telecare Installation & Review Officer
Southwark Council are recruiting several Telecare Installation Officers to help replace community alarms across Southwark and Lambeth as part of the Digital Transformation of analogue phone lines.
Your role will be to Review clients who currently receive a service from SMART (Southwark Monitoring & Alarm Response Team) and where appropriate, visit them in their home to replace their analogue alarm to a digital type. There may also be additional equipment you will programme to the alarm and install in the person’s home, eg smoke alarm, fall alarm.
We are the largest local authority social landlord in London, managing 55,000 homes lived in by 40% of Southwark’s residents. We are home to over 18,300 businesses including iconic London venues and social enterprises and we have a young, diverse, and growing population.
At Southwark we are committed to making our borough just and fair and are taking positive action to tackle inequalities. Our residents and communities are our greatest asset and the passion we have for Southwark is shared by millions of Londoners who enjoy our outstanding cultural offer, use our hospitals and attend our universities. Our refreshed borough plan and focus on Southwark Stands Together, (which is our work with Southwark’s communities and the council’s staff to tackle racism, injustice and inequality) underpins all that we do.
We are seeking people who:
- Have an understanding and interest in technology
- Enjoy working with people who are older or who have complex health needs
- Value a role in a team but can also work on their own under pressure
- Are confident with problem solving
- Can demonstrate excellent written and verbal communication skills
Training will be provided in the programming and installation of the equipment as well as the paperwork you will be expected to complete. You may need to train other colleagues in the work you have been carrying out.
You also need to have a driving license and pass a Southwark Driving Assessment
This post is also subject to an Enhanced Disclosure and Baring Service application
If you would like to find out more about this post, please contact Alison Thrower- Programme Lead firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please be advised that this is a fixed term 12 months contract.
- Application Closing Date: 11.59pm on 1st January 2024
- Interview and Assessment: WC 15th January 2024
We are an organisation who is passionate about our people and understands that richness of diversity is a requirement to provide the best possible services to our communities. This is demonstrated through our council-wide ambitious commitment to tackle racial inequality in our communities and workforce through our Southwark Stands Together initiative. We particularly welcome applications from members of the black, Asian and ethnic minority communities to increase representation at senior management level in the Council.
As part of our commitment to inclusion, we offer guaranteed interviews for specific groups of people. To qualify, you’ll need to meet the minimum requirements for the role, and identify with one of the below criteria:
- Members of the Armed Forces and veterans
- Are currently in care, or have previously been in care
- If you consider yourself to be disabled or if you have a long-term health condition
Team Leader Careline & Telecare
Role: Team Leader Careline & Telecare
Service: Careline and Telecare
Grade: 11 + Shift Allowance & Enhancements (this post is subject to operational duties)
Location: Bernard Weatherill House/Flexible
Hours: 36 (The postholder will be required to cover operational services from time to time).
Careline and Telecare is a 24/7 service that utilises technology to support residents to remain safe and independent in their own homes. As well as installing and maintaining technology in residents’ homes, the service also offers a 24/7 response and lifting service. In total, the service supports over 2,500 residents. The service is going through a period of development, which will involve expanding the current service model to reach more residents.
The person we are looking for will jointly manage and support 19 Careline Responders who work across a 24hour service. They will need to have the ability to manage and lead the team on a day-to-day basis whilst supporting, contributing, and implementing changes in the strategic vision and plan. Experience in managing or supervising is required, along with good organisational skills. They also need effective communication skills and good ICT skills. A working knowledge Telecare/Assistive Technology is desirable. Due to the nature of the service, there may be times when the person in this position will be required to work operationally, this will involve working out of hours.
If successful you will be part of a professional, friendly, and committed team.
Please contact email@example.com if you would like to discuss this role further.
You can apply for the position via Croydon Council website @ www.croydon.gov.uk
Digital Platform Account Executive
Job Title: Digital Platform Account Executive
Reporting to: TECs & Monitoring National Sales Manager
Business Unit: Legrand Care
Base Location: Home/Office Based
Other Work Locations: Stockport/Cramlington & Nationally
Main Purpose of the Job:
Working alongside the Senior Digital Platform Account Executive and reporting to the National Sales Manager, you will be required to support our customers with all aspects of the Answerlink and Pulse CMP platforms. In line with business objectives, you will work closely with customers within your defined area to ensure account retention through excellent product knowledge and high levels of customer service. This will involve at least 2 visits per year to each customer in addition to regular account reviews ensuring customer satisfaction is met. You will be responsible for ensuring any customer training needs are met and coordinated between yourself and the Senior Digital Platform Account Executive. You will support the Business Development Managers in the sales process including new customer demonstrations and tenders. You will ensure all quotes required for Answerlink are concise, accurate and in line with company procedures.
- With the Senior Digital Platform Account Executive, take joint ownership of Answerlink customer retention.
- Support customers’ needs and expectations.
- Plan, coordinate and deliver customer training between yourself and the Senior Digital Platform Account Executive.
- Working with the BDMs, you will support them at customer meetings with demonstrations on all operational aspects of the Answerlink and Pulse CMP Platform – pre and post sales where required.
- Support the BDMs with the generation of Answerlink quotations where required. You will be responsible for ensuring all quotes generated are concise, accurate and in line with company procedures.
- To engage with existing customers to ensure they are satisfied with the company’s products and services with a view to adding additional modules and training in line with their business plan.
- Schedule regular account reviews with Answerlink customers.
- Visit each Answerlink customer within your defined region at least twice per year and carry out a GAP analysis once per year. Where needed, you will also support the Senior Digital Platform Account Executive to fulfil this requirement for all customers if required to do so.
- Support the business with tender responses when required, especially when the tender is for a monitoring solution.
- Working with the National Sales Manager to provide intelligence relating to control centre movement in the industry to aid to business growth.
- Perform telephone-based functions including (but not limited to) sales, appointment making, relationship building/maintaining, profiling in-line with the agreed business plan.
- Keep an accurate record of all visits and telephone contacts on the Sales Force CRM system and ensure shared, electronic diary is always kept up-to date.
- Take an active part in scheduled conference calls, sales meetings, exhibitions, and conferences as instructed and perform in a professional and business-like manner at all times.
- Work closely with the Answerlink Product Owner to ensure Requests for Change are logged, discussed, and added to the roadmap where possible. This also includes discussing the outcome of RFC decisions with customers ensuring expectations are set and managed.
- Work closely and engage with R&D with regards to User Acceptance Testing and assistance with any collateral required in conjunction with the Senior Digital Platform Account Executive.
- Ensure that Company procedures are followed at all times.
- To assist the National Sales Manager/Company in any other duties that may be required.
- Always abide by the Legrand Core Values and Code of Ethics and strive to meet and exceed the Group’s Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) commitments.
- A minimum of five years experience in the Assisted Living Sector and in particular monitoring platform environment
- Excellent customer service/relationship skills.
- Good presentation skills, ability to transfer knowledge effectively.
- Good telephony and telesales skills.
- Be flexible to both business and industry changes.
- Well organised and able to prioritise and multitask.
- Self-motivated and capable of dealing with fast moving and varied events which are demanding.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Well-developed communication and interpersonal skills and able to deal with people at all levels both in and outside the business.
- Computer literate with a minimum basic Word and intermediate Excel skills, specifically, spreadsheet capability.
Applications by CV and covering letter to:
Trevor Hoggard – National Sales Manager TECs & Monitoring (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Closing Date: Friday 29th September
Advertise your job vacancies and tenders on our website
If you would like to place an advertisement here for staff or tenders please email email@example.com
The cost for members is £100+VAT for each advertisement. We can also post on our LinkedIn page and Blog your advertisement which will give it extra exposure.
You can view more expired vacancies here (Expired Vacancies)